Little Inferno - It wants to burn my graphics card

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
AbiSage's picture
Little Inferno - It wants to burn my graphics card

Alright, so I had heard of this game recently and thought it looked like a rather interesting and relaxing game to toy around with between other things and seeing it on sale on steam had decided to buy it. Unfortunately, it seems the game would rather try and burn up my graphics card then let me throw things in the fire.

My card is an nvidia gtx 580 with the latest drivers just installed. I can run games that are surely more graphically demanding then this one just fine without the card overheating, recent examples being guild wars 2 and dishonored so I am not sure why this one is giving me trouble.

If anyone would know of a way to make the game not run as hot it would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to say that I do not know all too much about this sort of thing and thus not really sure what information to include that may be helpful

puggsoy's picture

Allan has often suggested turning vsync on. To do this go to your Little Inferno AppData folder (in Windows 7 this'd be C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Little Inferno, other Windows versions should have similar locations), and open settings.txt. In there change the value of vsync from 0 to 1.

Don't know if it works myself since I haven't used it, but iirc this should help somewhat, although it might not completely fix your problem.

AbiSage's picture

It does look like that did the trick, the cards temps are looking to be drastically lower with the vsync on. thankyou very much

Hmmm, I don't even have a settings.txt in that folder.. Just profiles.bin. (The steam version)

Should I just create one?

Edit: Oh yeah, that's because my computer crashed while playing. (I've been having some issues with my computer so I'm not sure whether it was the game at fault that resulted in a game crash and then a blue screen of death or my hardware :/ ... but yeah, gonna boot the game up and exit normally to get it to create a settings.txt .... just writing this down, for others.)

Thanks for this information. buy instagram comments fast