Little Inferno with Leap Motion

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
RedTheGreen's picture
Little Inferno with Leap Motion

In case any of you have been living in a cave, the Leap is a motion interface device, not unlike the Kinect, designed to be extremely precise and low-latency with both individual finger positions in a 3D space and hand positions in the same space.

I recently got myself a dev kit, and I recorded myself playing Little Inferno with it. Enjoy.

puggsoy's picture

Never heard of this before, but it looks awesome! This is the first I've heard of any sort of motion interface for PC, and for a mere $70 (albeit USD), that's pretty darn awesome.

If possible I'll try and get it as soon as I can, and definitely play Little Inferno with it.

momo1526's picture

Awww, you got a dev kit?! I also applied, no answer since September. Can't wait for the official announcement this week!!!

RedTheGreen's picture

Yep. What announcement? I hope it has something to do with Linux support and/or software emulation suites. The touch emulation you saw in the sample video still isn't available to us as they're reworking it. It's apparently really inefficient at the moment.

But for weeks and weeks they've been saying both of those would come soon, so I'm crossing my fingers.

momo1526's picture

No, announcement of the launch date.